jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What should I name the book review part of my Youtube channel?

1. ironicstar profile image60
    ironicstarposted 5 years ago

What should I name the book review part of my Youtube channel?

I need a catchy name.

2. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 5 years ago

Ironicstar,  1. I never thought about setting up youtube channels per se! I'll have to visit your hubs to see what this is about. Thanks!  2. As much as catchy is great, I'll pass on something that I learned with naming my company Windmill Works! It was a romantic notion as in "dreaming the impossible dream," but a bad idea. We create educational software - not Windmilmills! Also, things still get listed alphabetically on the web in certain places and a name starting with "w" wasn't a brilliant idea either. In connection with that, I noticed on twitter, when I named my accounts what my product REPRESENTED, I got followers. I get followers on leftpawedpuppy (part of the name of my ebook) out of nowhere from dog related interests which makes my tweets about my ebook more rational and targeted.  Under a different email, I'm Billiehollywood 'cuz I'm trying to promote my Best Picture Academy Award Solitaire game. Thus it makes sense for me to send tweets, again, related to my product along with tweets connected with that type of content. Maybe these thoughts aren't applicable on youtube, and naming what the "product" is certainly wasn't necessary for "Google"! However, I thought I'd throw this out in case it might be helpful.  Maybe "catchy" AND "targeted" would be the key to lots of viewers.

3. epigramman profile image70
    epigrammanposted 5 years ago

Well to be quite simple and just direct someone with your pure intentions:
    Why not - Shaylynn's books.
    Don't you just love You Tube - it's like a modern wonder of the world.
    Sending you good thoughts from lake erie time ontario canada 12:48pm
    p.s. - or if you want to rip off poor old Shakespeare - (lol)
    "To read or not to read."

4. Wesley Meacham profile image93
    Wesley Meachamposted 5 years ago

You DO NOT need a catchy name.

You need a name that who are people looking for what you're doing will be interested in.

If you're doing book reviews then your best bet is to use the words "Book Reviews," possibly in combination with your own name. It may seem over simplistic or dull but on the internet simple, dull titles often work better than catchy and imaginative ones. There are some exceptions of course but they are more rare than not.

1. ironicstar profile image60
      ironicstarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The thing is it's a multiple-person channel, so the owner wants catchy.

5. Mrs Jil Manning profile image82
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

I find with Youtube that being very specific will get more views than being catchy.  I find it so difficult to think up names!