jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you find yourself writing in bursts?

1. Phenomenalapse profile image77
    Phenomenalapseposted 4 years ago

Do you find yourself writing in bursts?

As far as consistency is concerned do you find yourself writing on a regular basis or in small bursts of high productivity?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes, I do. I will get in the right mood and suddenly write up a storm and then I may stop and not write for quite a while. I have no schedule or formula - the urge just hits me and I go with it.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 4 years ago

What is that then, 'binge writing'?  Like binge eating, or binge drinking, or binge anything, it displays a lack of discipline, a writer, writes every day, not just when the fancy, inspiration, takes him.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Yes. Quick bursts of good ideas, the desire to write. However, most of these moments arrive in the middle of the night or right as I am going to bed. It is so irritating! To have a great idea, but knowing you need rest... Sometimes going without sleep is worth it.

5. rlleon42 profile image76
    rlleon42posted 4 years ago

Absolutely. I notice that I'll be in a writing mood and crank out several hubs back to back, and then disappear for weeks, months at a time. When the mood strikes, it strikes. I always ride the wave.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

I write in bursts.  Back in 2010 in November I did the nano-where you write 50,000 words in the month.  So I sent a goal to do 2,000 words a day.  some days it took me all day to write and other days I was able to do it within 1-2 hours.  I also have a 150 mile commute each day to work.  A lot of times I would about a scene that I was working on and come up with a good dialogue and plot.
    I have to be in the mood also.  So days I have so many distractions that I can't focus on my writing.  I try to get up a little earlier before the rest of the family get up.  I am also thinking of getting Dragon Naturally Speaking, I can probably put out many more words a day.

7. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 4 years ago

yes, I go for weeks without writing a thing then one day I can write 3 articles or a couple chapters for a book.

8. WalterPoon profile image79
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Whenever my health allows me to write a hub, I write a hub (so many unpublished hubs waiting to be written). When my health does not allow me to write a hub, I answer questions, LOL. This is because answering questions is not as mentally taxing as writing a hub. So I am always writing... either answering questions here or else responding to my friends in Facebook.

But I believe you are talking about writing hubs. Honestly, I was targeting one hub a day but looking at my records, I would be happy with 15 hubs a month. Looks like I can't even achieve that!

working