jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Because of Social Media websites do you believe that the US Postal Service will

1. DNSiclari profile image71
    DNSiclariposted 4 years ago

Because of Social Media websites  do you believe that the US Postal Service will be around in 20 yrs

2. TheKatsMeow profile image87
    TheKatsMeowposted 4 years ago

Well I think that the postal service needs to change "how" they do business. More than ever people are buying things online and having things delivered. Sure we don't mail letters anymore, but we use mail delivery for other things. If the government postal service was run as well as a private company I am sure more people would us it instead of Fed Ex, and other delivery services.   So if they change what they deliver, I think they will still be in business, but they can't act like we are living in the past, they need to update themselves and get with the times.

3. Man of Strength profile image79
    Man of Strengthposted 4 years ago

Yes, the postal service will always be around, but I do think you won't see near as many carriers or post offices still in business.

4. Jared Miles profile image89
    Jared Milesposted 4 years ago

While it may be adversely affected by the rise in social media, I definitely think it will be here to stay for a fair while. People still need to send packages, confidential or sensitive information, and the US Postal Service is generally the most convenient carrier to do so. But I don't know for sure, a lot can happen in 20 years...