jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

It's June, have you began thinking about November's National Novel Writing Month

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

It's June, have you began thinking about November's National Novel Writing Month?

I feel like I am prepared every year then when it gets time on midnight, I hit writer's block within the first half an hour. I want to start now on prevention of writer's block with exercises to help the words flow. Are you preparing?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I am actually thinking about NaNoWriMo. I like to plan out the book I'm going to write so that I have all the tools ready to go when I sit down to write it. During the summer I focus on reading (I have a separate reading challenge for that) but I think I've nailed down this years writing project. It's a sequel that has a rough draft, but needs to be re-written and expanded. It should be a lot of fun.

3. KL Klein profile image83
    KL Kleinposted 4 years ago

I wasn't, but your post reminds me I ought to be!

I haven't yet managed to hit 50k words on a NaNo, I'd like to though. I go really well for about the first 5 days, then I hit the block and I can't do any more. it's very frustrating.

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
      ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I know! I hit writer's block maybe 7 pages in - if I'm lucky. Last year I was planning way too many other things and I didn't even try. This year though, it might just be the lucky one!

working