jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever published a book?

1. Chris Achilleos profile image80
    Chris Achilleosposted 4 years ago

Have you ever published a book?

I am currently writing my first book. Have you ever published a book? If so, was this an electronic book or a hard-copy?

2. Firdousia Sudheer profile image60
    Firdousia Sudheerposted 4 years ago

i have published once...in college.. it was in written in word then converted to PDF format...I mean ebook..i found it easy to edit.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

No, but it's a dream of mine. This summer I'm crunching on my writing schedule in the hope of getting more pages out and better quality. There are some great books on writing a lot, graduate papers, etc.

4. profile image52
    jesamacposted 4 years ago

I've had three books traditionally published by a regular publisher, but I'm guessing that you're asking about self-publishing? I haven't done that, but am studying the various options, possible editing options, designers, and methods of marketing. Self-publication is a *lot* of work, but I'm very interested in doing some books and booklets (the ones that are pretty much pure text) as both e-books and printed books in the future. Self-publishing gives the author both some great advantages and disadvantages.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes. It is both hard copy and then later I had it formatted for the Kindle.  I used xlibris.com and was happy with the outcome.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I just recently published my first fantasy ebook through book baby. It's a self publishing website and, so far, I've had a good experience with them. I don't have any sales data yet (too soon) but they have a straightforward system that I liked. If you're thinking of self publishing, you'll definitely want to shop around to see what's best for you. It will all depend on where you want the book listed, if it's physical or electronic and up front costs. And, if you're thinking about going the way of the traditional market, then you'll want to check out the 2013 guide to literary agents as a place to start.

7. AlexK2009 profile image93
    AlexK2009posted 4 years ago

I published a Mathematics textbook years ago. It never made much so I took it back when the publisher seemed to have dropped it from their catalogue and  published it on Lulu. 

It was a long hard process compared to writing a Hub, but less so than my Phd and MSc Theses.   

annoyingly I could do the exercises I set at that time bit seem to have forgotten the answers now. sad

8. DrRebeccaSanders profile image79
    DrRebeccaSandersposted 4 years ago

I published a free e-book on Scribd.  I am in the process of writing a couple more books now, too.  I think I'll probably use Scribd for those as well.  They may not be free this time, though.