jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

What is Fiverr and is it worth it?

1. ThompsonPen profile image77
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

What is Fiverr and is it worth it?

I had a quick look at it, and it looks just like a bidding craigslist. What's your experience with it?

2. Krista Schnee profile image77
    Krista Schneeposted 4 years ago

I haven't yet created an account on Fiverr, but I have been reading a lot of very positive things about it, both from the seller's point of view as well as the purchaser's. I have been trying to decide whether or not to create an account but have not yet done so due to doubts about the site. I'll look forward to see what others say about their experiences with Fiverr.

3. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
    TheRaptorClawposted 4 years ago

I've looked at Fiverr in the past. Basically, you can tell people you will do something for them (make them a t-shirt, draw a picture etc.) and they will pay you 5 dollars or you can pay people 5 dollars to do something for you. If you are going to be a buyer that's fine but being a seller on Fiverr is really hard. You have to be pretty popular or have something people want to get them to buy it from you.

4. Karen Banes profile image86
    Karen Banesposted 4 years ago

I've also looked into it both as a potential buyer and a potential seller. The problem with joining any new bid site is that it's hard to get started and to be honest, for $5 a gig I don't think I'd be very motivated! I've heard buyers saying they're really happy with it though. If you need something like editing or web design done and pick one of the people on there with good feedback, I don't see how you can go wrong.

That's another reason I didn't join as a seller. Everyone is offering gigs at the same rate. Buyers are going to go for more established sellers. It's not like other sites where you can get early gigs by quoting low and undercutting the competition.

1. Karen Banes profile image86
      Karen Banesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Had to come back and update this. I've just released 2 Kindle ebooks and had the covers designed by someone on Fiverr. Have to say, I'm really impressed. They both look great. You can see them on my website if you want to: http://www.karenbanes.com/

5. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

I love Fiverr.  My business took off like a shot and it is hard for me to keep up with the orders.  They have changed now so you can charge more than $5 for a gig.  In less than a month I reach Level 1 and am almost at level 2.  My customers are happy and the money is flowing in.  You have to be strict with certain customers as they like to change their mind after you write an article.  I even got my own by line on a publishing site from Fiverr.  I definately recommend it.

6. krisaclark profile image72
    krisaclarkposted 4 years ago

I've posted a couple gigs on Fiverr, but it seems to me like that website got overflooded way too quickly. Four jobs posted in three different categories, and not a single view on any one of them. I'm guessing most people who get jobs do some sort of promoting, which I didn't do any.

1. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You have to promote yourself outside of that site as well, Fiverr recommends it. If you'd like to give it another go, try mentioning your Fiverr in your profile here on HP and promote yourself on twitter and facebook as well.

7. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

I've had a Fiverr account for the past 2 years. I have bought and sold gigs there but the quality depends on what you are looking because I have bought some real scams mostly pertaining to internet marketing. I am also a member of several other gig sites but lately I have been looking into starting one up myself. You can get a clone script for $100.

1. ThompsonPen profile image77
      ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

what other sites have you used?
      good luck starting one up! That's a great idea!

2. mintinfo profile image74
      mintinfoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I cant remember them all but a couple them are gigbucks and tenbux.