jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who is More Powerful in the HP Series ?Lord Voldemort or Albus Dumbledore.

1. murali-53 profile image60
    murali-53posted 4 years ago

Who is More Powerful in the HP Series ?Lord Voldemort or Albus Dumbledore.

2. LeslieOutlaw profile image76
    LeslieOutlawposted 4 years ago

Albus Dumbledore is more powerful than Voldemort; however he works on a different set of morals and ethics. Voldemort is ruthless and evil giving him the upper hand in most situations.

3. profile image0
    Meraki-Sanposted 4 years ago

That really depends...
    On one side, you have Lord Voldemort who is plain evil and kills without remorse. He terrorizes and forces certain ideals onto a society that are unrealistic whilst not fitting his own requirements however he has the power, intellect and man-power behind him even when he is, slightly unhinged from splitting his soul.

On the other is Albus Dumbledore who is seen as the great power of the Light. Amassing supporters and working towards defeating evil and he is pretty powerful to boot. He's defeated another Dark Lord before albeit, it was his lover and he's training another to defeat Voldemort - all for the greater good.
    HOWEVER- in the midst of this all, Dumbledore places all the hopes of the world on a boys's shoulders, leaving him to be raised in an abusive household and then placing him in various dangerous situations throughout his schooling that are planned (in most cases) by himself or not providing the right help or tools when it's not planned by him.
    All of this done without anyone reporting child abuse or questioning Dumbledore's hand in a child's life when he shouldn't be.

I think Dumbledore is more powerful because he's riddled with hidden agendas that only he knows about. I fully support that Voldemort is completely evil- but at least Voldemort doesn't hide his evil. Dumbledore is just too scheming for me...

4. Nationette profile image72
    Nationetteposted 3 years ago

one of the made it to the sixth book, and one made it to the seventh... doesn't that speak for itself! haha =p... with that said... i believe that Dumbledore was more powerful in other ways, like the ability to foresee the inability for the enemy to fall while he stood, because he could see the WHOLE game board... and he had the power of a good and righteous heart

working