Wrong time to start with HP? Penguin and Panda issues?

1. BigJulesMags profile image83
    BigJulesMagsposted 4 years ago

Wrong time to start with HP? Penguin and Panda issues?

Hello, I just started with HP this month and am reasonably confident I can make a career as an Internet writer.  My goal (with zero startup money, I got a masters degree that has essetially rendered me unemoloyed for two years). was to make enough off of HP and Squidoo to lay for hosting, then rock a Wordpress.  However, I've been hearing that things are really starting to fall off here.  What are your suggestions as far as where to start?

2. Lee Tea profile image93
    Lee Teaposted 4 years ago

I've been here for two years.  It's slow going to get your first pay, so plant this seed anytime but give it time to grow.  Whatever issues HP has had with other programs, sites, or software I never really noticed, and they come and go over time.  The best time to start is now - everyday your articles aren't published is a day you're missing money!  It also helps very much to have social media to consistently promote your articles.

I started a free wordpress site but it doesn't appear you can make any money with it?  Their layout is terribly confusing and after a few articles, I came back to HubPages.  HP does provide one slick way to compose, organize, track and publish your articles - very user-friendly. 

Best of luck - write on!
    Lee @ Lee's Teas

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately, Penguin and Panda are going to pop you whether you write on HubPages or your own websites. As far as getting started, even though traffic is slow for the most part right now here and across the web, it's a good time to publish Hubs because of the amount of time it takes them to mature enough for Google to send them regular traffic.

Just be aware that you are not going to get payout from here right away. It usually takes nine months or more for a Hubber who is publishing regularly to make payout.

working