jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Did anyone finish NaNoWriMo this month?

1. Kevina Oyatedor profile image68
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years ago

Did anyone finish NaNoWriMo this month?

I attempted it this year but I did not reach 50,000 words. However it did motivate me to almost finish my novel.Anyone else?

2. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

Unfoftunately no, still some words left.  But, I like you am motivated to finish.  Let me know when you have finished.  I know how my novel ends for now.  But, I have to say for my first time entering the contest, I did great.

1. Kevina Oyatedor profile image68
      Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I reached to 28 chapters while doing the contest so i give myself a pat on the back for that. I'm almost done though so i will let you know.

2. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
      ReneeDC1979posted 4 years agoin reply to this

28 chapters is great..you can do jt

3. Kevina Oyatedor profile image68
      Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i went up to 31 chapters and finished. it's not 50,000 but i finished. it's on wattpad

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I managed to finish my novel (second year in a row). But, it got really hairy because my wife and I were leaving for thanksgiving celebrations at the end of the month and wouldn't be back until December 1st. So we had to cram to get it done by the 25th of November. We both made it, but the stress of the push really burnt us out. We'll have to see how we feel in a year to decide whether or not we want to do it a third time.

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
      ReneeDC1979posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Congrats-have yours been published from last year?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've published a book, but it wasn't from NaNo. I'm hoping to edit my 2012 manuscript over the course of this next year.

working