jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What words would YOU use to describe the bible without using the actual words?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What words would YOU use to describe the bible without using the actual words?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8580239_f260.jpg

2. elayne001 profile image70
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

Word of God as translated correctly. Throughout the years, the word of God has been recorded through the prophets. Because men are not perfect and some revisions have been made, I believe the Bible to be the word of God to all of us, as it has been translated correctly.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image99
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

A centuries-old contrived chauvinistic, misogynistic fantasy written by MEN, (and I mean MEN, not "mankind"), in order to persuade and convince followers for purposes of fear and control.
    Sorry, I know that's not a popular view, and I'm sure I'll catch lots of flak, but, sadly,  it is the truth.
      How do I know?  Well, my husband is a licensed minister,  (yes, he went to an actual seminary, it's not a 'pay a fee and get a license online with no study' license), and this is what he learned in his studies.
    His lessons there merely backed up the conclusions I had come to on my own years before.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What do YOU mean, it's NOT a popular view. You've succinctly said what many people are AFRAID to say.More intelligent, educated people are coming to this realization.

4. ashelladyhawke profile image70
    ashelladyhawkeposted 4 years ago

a book written by "inspired" writers about someone who was jealous, frightening, and judgmental in the first half; the second part was written at least 40-90 years after the birth. In both sections it is gender bias as how many women are put in a positive light? 4 or 5--better yet, I'll even go 7 to be nice.

5. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

The Word of God.The Word of God. The Word of God. (I had to repeat this twice because my answer was considered too short).

6. blake4d profile image58
    blake4dposted 4 years ago

Blah blah blah, wah, wah, wah,
    ack, ack, ack, ugh, ugh, ugh.
    Ummmm....Hmmmm....zzz.

working