jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you copy paste an article and use it as a hub?

1. Nismakhan profile image61
    Nismakhanposted 4 years ago

Can you copy paste an article and use it as a hub?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Are you asking if it's OK to copy someone else's work and present it as your own?? Seriously?

Cuz not only would that be a violation of this site's "no duplicate content" rule, it's also a big-time douche move.

3. Mary McShane profile image79
    Mary McShaneposted 4 years ago

No. The words "copy paste" is the first clue to the answer for your question. It is never a good idea to copy paste anything and then you don't have to worry about covering your a** if you get accused of plagarism.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

The others covered the answer if the article in question belongs to someone else. If you wrote the article for a newspaper, magazine, etc and still hold the copyright and it doesn't appear anywhere else on-line then you can use it in it's entirety as a hub. At least I think you can.

5. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 4 years ago

Not even if it's your own article from another site. The answer is a resounding "NO." Hubpages forbids duplicate content in any form, even if you wrote the article yourself and have it on more than one site. You could get your account deleted for that.

6. Edward J. Palumbo profile image85
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

If I understand your question correctly, that would be plagiarism. If the article in question is one of your own (i.e., one you've written) then it would be acceptable unless you've signed it over as property of a magazine publisher or surrendered the rights to your own writing by contract.