jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Are you allowed to copy and paste one of your own articles you have from another

1. hublizard profile image61
    hublizardposted 5 years ago

Are you allowed to copy and paste one of your own articles you have from another site to a hub?

2. nakmeister profile image80
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

No. It may be your article which you own the copyright for, but Hubpages will flag it as 'duplicate content' and unpublish it.

3. Emeraldgreen21 profile image71
    Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years ago

No. Even if it's your own work but posted on another site, it counts as duplicate content and you'll be asked to edit the hub sooner or later.

1. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image90
      cmoneyspinner1tfposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Being asked to edit is OK.  Being told there's duplicate content when I've removed/transferred it from the other site is what baffles me.  Weird! I can't find my content via a search engine.  But it sure gets found when I try to move it elsewhere!!

4. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Nope, all content on hubpages must be original work, even if it is yours. You will probably get a 'duplicate content' message if you try, and your hub will be unpublished.

So, instead, try writing a new hub on the same topic, or just go for another angle or topic.

5. JesadaB profile image76
    JesadaBposted 5 years ago

No not at all, you can re-write it and then make it a hub.

6. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

yes you can, but those answering 'no' are technically correct.

what you cannot have is duplicate content co-existing on the web.  so, you can copy your existing material to your computer, then remove it from online, wait a day or 2 for google to catch up, then create a new hub with your old content. 

I transferred most of my amazon book reviews this way, with no problem.

for articles that i had on my own website, i created new hubs, then posted a link on the older webpage that pointed to my hub.  [hubpages gets better placement in google searches than amazon book reviews or most individuals' websites.]

here's an example:
    http://cascoly.hubpages.com/hub/Gettysb … ch-version

on my personal website, this didnt show up for several pages in a google search for "gettysburg new gingrich" and my amazon review didnt show up at all.  now, the same text on hubpages makes the first page of the google search

1. internpete profile image90
      internpeteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

well said. Technically, it is possible to post the same article on hubpages, but as cascoly said, you have to remove it from your blog/site completely and make sure it isn't anywhere else on the web.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No duplicate content allowed and they are adamant about it.  They want this site to be unique and I have to agree.

working