What books would you recommend for someone to read on vacation?

1. Availiasvision profile image83
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

What books would you recommend for someone to read on vacation?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

That would depend very much on the person who chooses to do the reading.  Are you recommending what books you should take away with you or someone else?   If it is for yourself, then you'll know what interests you.  If the reading is to be done by someone else, then either ask that person what they like to read or, if you don't want to do that, take an educated guess as to what they'd like.

You have to bear in mind the the interests of a reader can vary according not only to their motivation but to the depth and breadth of their intellect.
    Some people like to read comic books with picturtes in them, others like to read Faust and Chaucer.  The majority of us, of course, fall somewhere between these extremes.

If you are going to provide a couple of books, make one a work of ficiton and the other one non-fiction.   This way they can read to suit their mood.  There is a time for educational-type reading and a time for escapism into fiction.

But sound out the person who will be doing that reading - then choose.

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I recommend "Gift from the Sea" by Anne Murrow Lindbergh. It's a beautifully written book, full of metaphors, for introspection and growth. I'm not a big reader but someone gave me a copy to read when I went on a solo vacation. I was grateful for the gift.