jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Where is your favorite place to read?

1. Sunshine625 profile image92
    Sunshine625posted 3 years ago

Where is your favorite place to read?

2. Sunshine625 profile image92
    Sunshine625posted 3 years ago

I don't have a favorite place, I like to read any where, even standing up!

3. lisavanvorst profile image75
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

Always in a quiet area. Usually in my den when my husbands busy doing something. I can't read with the television on. I need quiet. Just like I need quiet when I am writing my hubs.

4. KnowWhatImean profile image76
    KnowWhatImeanposted 3 years ago

I can read just about anywhere.  When I read it seems like the whole world falls away.  But if I get to choose a big squishy comfy chair will allow me to read for hours!

5. handymanbill profile image80
    handymanbillposted 3 years ago

After the kids go to bed and it is nice and quiet

6. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

In the car, while my husband drives. Its quiet and I don't have to get up to do anything.

1. Sunshine625 profile image92
      Sunshine625posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm the driver so it's not possible for me, but that's a great idea! No distractions.

7. favored profile image36
    favoredposted 3 years ago

On my front porch or under the umbrella at a table in my backyard. There's something about the sounds of nature that I love while reading. It usually inspired a story for me.  Good question.

8. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

I always read on my back patio. Whether it's the Sunday paper or a novel, I find reading outdoors comforting and relaxing. I'm at Nature's doorstep when I read outside and that's where I prefer to be.

9. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Hey Sunshine....very interesting question, especially for the unique breed of people known as, "Writers".....(that would be US!) smile
    Warm season will find me outside in the shade of my Poplar Trees, kicked back in a lawn chaise, head buried in a book.
    When it gets too chilly to be outdoors, I retreat to my sanctuary in the house which I created expressly for my quiet moments and "me-time"....where I can have comfort and solitude for reading, sewing, meditation or sheer relaxation away from the frequent insanity of the outside world.
    These are my 2 specific reading places.  However, to be completely honest.....I manage to "read' where ever I am or what is going on around me.  If there's reading material within my reach.....I'm on it!!
    Peace and hugs girlfriend.

10. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

Well through my years it has changed; yet, there is indeed a common denominator. Now I prefer my back patio, we have a National Wildlife Habitat-recognized yard so it is pretty much like being in a national park. Before we owned this house we lived on a rural ranch and my back covered porch was thee place. It overlooked our quarter horse area and a makeshift skeet shooting area. Before that I preferred my college library (I am a professor/psychologist). There were cozy corners behind book stacks with great chairs... We subsequently gutted our book stacks and put in 75 computer stations. It is not cozy anymore... Thus, I think for.me it is a significantly comfortable chair over looking the outdoors or a cozy corner surrounded by book stacks...

11. profile image0
    Mel92114posted 3 years ago

I love to read in bed. It helps me to relax, unwind, and detach from the days events. I also love to read while sitting outside, very relaxing.

Great question smile

12. mothersofnations profile image73
    mothersofnationsposted 3 years ago

You're most likely to find me in bed, comfy and relaxed.
    God bless you.