Freelance writing, or freelance ____ ?

1. Ghaaz B profile image82
    Ghaaz Bposted 3 years ago

Freelance writing, or freelance ____ ?

I make a decent amount through the various freelancing platforms; enough to live if I work hard enough. I've always done writing, but some research has shown me that there are much more lucrative skills for online freelancing.

I've started to do some programming, and it definitely yields more profitability. Of course, sales are closely related to most freelance writing jobs, but there are other categories of freelancing too!

What are your experiences? Which freelancing skills have you found most lucrative?

2. AngelaO profile image60
    AngelaOposted 3 years ago

I'm a freelance writer with my own website but I also use people per hour, which I've found to be very useful.

Many people don't realise how hard freelancers have to work to achieve a an income that you can live off. Essentially, we have to be HR, marketing, accountants, developers, etc. This is all before we get started on providing a service, which is hard to do without an existing positive reputation.

I started off slow and have learned a great deal from freelancing over the last couple of years, and I would do it all again.