jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

...so frustrated...got sucked into a "simple" article...thought it would be easy

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

...so frustrated...got sucked into a "simple" article...thought it would be easy...?

Did this ever happen to you?  Working on an article that I thought would be a simple in and out thing...but, as I did more and more research, I got sucked into something bigger....

2. Ghaaz B profile image82
    Ghaaz Bposted 3 years ago

Haha oh yes my friend.

Sometimes I go on bidding sprees on Elance just before bed, then wake up and accept a bunch of projects haphazardly. It's a pretty common theme in my life actually; which sucks hehe. I took a gig to write 10 articles in a month promoting The Strand Hotel in Myanmar.. I knew Former-Burma was a hotspot for heroine trade and poverty, but I didn't know that I was literally trying to lead people into an active warzone lol.

You then weigh the pros and cons; potentially convince people to make a really bad decision for a small profit, or take a small hit on your Elance ranking? I try to be a good person most of the time.

I've got a bunch more stories, too. This happens all the time unfortunately. It's hard to be picky in this industry too, at least until you've got an established profile somewhere.

3. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

thanks...believe it or not...this helps...back in my "construction" days...I got hit with doing things for free...I thought writing would be different...now I am getting, can you write me some "copy" ....

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image81
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

I have a hub about how research is sometimes the death of a hub.  I feel your pain.

1. Ghaaz B profile image82
      Ghaaz Bposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ahh, I've had this happen to me many time as well!

working