jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What are the rules in relation to images in the news?

1. MarieLB profile image82
    MarieLBposted 3 years ago

What are the rules in relation to images in the news?

I am toying with the idea of writing a hub about something which is presently in the news here is Oz. What are the rules in connection with images in the news?  Are they similar to all other images? Do I have to get permission from the newspaper, from the persons shown in the images?
    One sees the same images across a number of stations or media.  Does that mean it is okay to copy?

2. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 years ago

I think, you can't copy the images from news articles. They are copy righted by their owners. You can only link to them in your hub by linking to the URL of it.

1. MarieLB profile image82
      MarieLBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response.  That is a bit disappointing as it would be a massive task to get permission for several photos one would need.  Maybe I will have to take a different tack about the subject.  Thanks again.

2. Venkatachari M profile image56
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

But, you can copy the image url and paste it in the space provided for linking photos in your photo capsule.

3. MarieLB profile image82
      MarieLBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

H Venkatachari M     If I put URL links, won't that put me over the number of links I am allowed?

4. Venkatachari M profile image56
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, seen reply just now. This URL is not links. It is a Photo capsule. In your photo capsule, when you click edit, the choose photos button will appear to you. you can see three options- upload, import, my photos. click import button and paste it

working