jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where are your favorite places to read?

1. Kara Skinner profile image86
    Kara Skinnerposted 2 years ago

Where are your favorite places to read?

I love reading in bed with a large cup of herbal tea the most, but one of my sisters prefers reading on her Kindle during her commute to work while another one only reads on her lunch break. Just out of curiosity, where do you like to read?

2. writerjrose profile image78
    writerjroseposted 2 years ago

lol in all honestly... the bathroom. Besides that, reading on the subway/bus is a great way to pass the time, and I also enjoy reading in bed right before I sleep smile

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

I read in all sorts of places but don't tend to have a favourite spot in which to 'bed down' and just read! Thinking about it I certainly never read in bed or in the bathroom, never on public transport because reading makes me feel nauseous and never on a park bench in full sun.
    Probably my best place for reading is right here at my writing table, on a normal chair in full natural light with views out over the garden and on to the hills. A big steaming pot of tea and a large slab of cake might help prolong this reading session!

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

I love to read on my reading desk. Lights and arm chair, cool

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

I enjoy and prefer to read on our backyard patio during the early morn or Eve accompanied by our two beasts. Those beasts being well tamed, relatively quiet and of Belgian Malinois and German Shep. Breed.
    Our back-patio is canopied in Bougainvilla and Ivy with a scatter of squirrels interacting in oak trees which tend to muffle most decibel annoyances. It speaks peacefulness, comfort yet is not void of breezes, a gallimaufry of bird callings and gentle rains on occasions...

6. profile image0
    Mel92114posted 2 years ago

Anywhere really although in bed is my favorite. It is the way that I unwind and escape...a great way to relax before sleeping smile

7. Linnea Lewis profile image87
    Linnea Lewisposted 2 years ago

I love reading in my bed to be honest. Nothing is more relaxing or comforting than snuggling into a bunch of warm blanket and letting a book carry your mind away.