Has anyone here ever self-published an E-book?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. vickiholder profile image75
    vickiholderposted 3 years ago

Has anyone here ever self-published an E-book?

If so, how did you go about marketing your book and generating sales?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12498434_f260.jpg

2. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

Each time I publish a paperback through New Generation I use the cover for the KDP version through Amazon on my Amazon Author Pages (one each for amazon.com and amazon.co.uk). I have a link here on the RAVENFEAST page as well as on my Northworld Saga site to the amazon.com Author Page, as well as on My Book Buzz pages.
    I do have a bias towards the paperback, as I signed copies sold at Battle Abbey in October last year and will be back there this year (2015) with possibly two new books published since then. However, having said that, I won't deny KP users the chance to read the books.
    One drawback I found with uploading my books to Amazon KDP was I couldn't upload the separate historical notes (plus pronunciation guide*) and map as they were designated 'unsupported documents' when I had a go at doing that. Therefore the paperback readers get the benefit of the extra information.
    *There is a lot of early mediaeval English terminology as well as place names

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

My book is available through Amazon's Kindle.
    I've participated in the Kindle Select program where you can schedule up to 5 day to offer your eBook for free downloads.  The idea behind it is people will recommend it to other readers after reading it after the free promotion.
    Author Marketing Club.com has free Kindle book submission tool. Essentially you'd list your free promo days on the various service links they provide and they'll get the word out. As I stated this is a word of mouth thing.
    If someone has a large social network on Facebook or other websites they can post links announcing there book is for sale.
    Join some author/writer LinkedIn groups and participate in discussions and always use the following as part of your signature; blah blah, author of ...etc with the book's URL underneath. This is indirect marketing.
    Naturally if you have a blog, website, or even on HP you'd want to include a blurb about your book on your profile page.
    Depending on the type of book you've written it may be worth it for you to sign up for free daily alerts on Radioguestlist.com. Throughout the day they'll email you small radio, blogtalk radio, and podcast hosts who are looking for guests to appear on their show. If your book is of the "self-help" or "how to" genre you may be able to pitch them a show idea which ties into the subject of your book.
    The interviews are over the phone generally last from 30 minutes to an hour. The host will allow you to plug your book at the end of the show. Note: Some hosts will request a paperback book while others are fine with a PDF version to review before the show. Best wishes!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I wrote a hub about this that includes a few methods for ebooks and a few methods for print books (I'll include the link below). But in general, ebooks rely on social media and art-sharing websites (like deviant art). Be sure to create an author page so that people can like/follow you for future updates, and try to find creative ways to draw them back to that page, without always advertising the book. It's slow going to make sales and get reviews, but it should help motivate you to write more.

http://mtdremer.hubpages.com/hub/Ways-t … ished-Book

5. ketage profile image84
    ketageposted 2 years ago

I have just published an E-book on Amazon, publishing the book was easy, marketing the book is a pain in the neck, especially as I have practically no social media presence. Yes, I do have Facebook, Twitter, etc, but I am not active on them and have few followers.

I would recommend spending at least 1 hour a day on social media, collect followers, when you do publish your E-book, they will be essential to your marketing campaign, if possible get a mailing list.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)