jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Are you a lover of romance novels?

1. quildon profile image80
    quildonposted 2 years ago

Are you a lover of romance novels?

What makes a romance novel really memorable for you - characters, setting, plot, love scenes or just everything? Please give reason(s) for your answer.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12636270_f260.jpg

2. Ericajean profile image77
    Ericajeanposted 2 years ago

What makes a romance novel memorable for me are the gooey confessions from a man...

I love when a lover professes his/her love. This pretty much ties into my number two favorite: the plot.

If a plot is good, then it will be a great book. I love romance!

quildonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Ericajean! I agree with you. It must have a good plot to keep me turning the pages.

3. profile image60
    Brandi4623posted 2 years ago

What makes a romance novel memorable to me personally is a story that I can relate too. Not in the sense of the romance but the story leading up to the characters falling in love because if I can relate to it I find myself enjoying the story more . By the time they fall in love I am already intrigued to see what happens and daydream that maybe it too will happen to me in the future.

I think you're right. We all love stories that we can see ourselves in. Thank you so much for your answer.

4. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I'm a fan of the classical romance novels by Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen. The characters are a huge part of the intrigue, which I think is sadly overlooked these days. Also the setting really adds to the overall attraction of the piece. I really like scenes set in the 1800s because it's a time that was so simple compared to ours, yet the social norms were so much more complex.

I'm a Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen fan myself. They don't make 'em like that any more. I think a good book is like a good movie. Everything has to come together to make it a success.  Thanks for your comment.

2. Ericajean profile image77
      Ericajeanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think this is why I like Regency, Amish and Christian fiction books. Setting, innocence and character are huge factors.

5. renee21 profile image83
    renee21posted 21 months ago

I really like Jane Austen.  But I also like the Love Inspired books.  I like those books because they are easy to relate to.

quildonposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I agree, it's easy for most people to relate to the Love Inspired books.

working