jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best book to increase your vocabulary in English ?

1. Omar Eldamsheety profile image67
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 15 months ago

What is the best book to increase your vocabulary in English ?

recommend me a book to learn so many good words and expressions.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 15 months ago

Anything by John Gresham.  He uses proper English.  His books are on a variety of everyday topics, they are not very long, and they are fairly current.  When I taught ESL I encouraged my students to listen to the news on TV because there was very little slang or accents to confuse the student of English.  Good luck.

(Also, try to find a native English speaker to proofread anything you write.  It is very easy to confuse verb tenses.  Stick to present and past tense whenever possible.  Keep it simple.)

1. Omar Eldamsheety profile image67
      Omar Eldamsheetyposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Do you accept to help me to be better in English?

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 15 months ago

a good dictionary from Collins. I always search English to Chinese to Malay for 3 languages at once

4. Haider Mama profile image92
    Haider Mamaposted 14 months ago

The only think that worked effectively for me was reading books. You need to read every type of books. But do make sure to pick a book of your standard. This will help you to learn easily and more efficiently.

I believe there is no better way to enrich vocabulary then reading books. Now, I am not going to recommend a book to you because only you know on which level do you stand. And, do not waste your time in searching short cut ways because you will gain nothing.

Thank you!

working