jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Which Harry Potter Death was the saddest for you?

1. filipe baiao profile image96
    filipe baiaoposted 12 months ago

Which Harry Potter Death was the saddest for you?

This is a common question on the Internet, but I was curious to see what is the HubPages community's opinion. So leave your answer, and perhaps, why it was the saddest to you.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13423884_f260.jpg

2. Leonard Tillerman profile image99
    Leonard Tillermanposted 12 months ago

I loved Harry Potter so much.  If I had to pick I think Snape's death was the saddest.  Being a misunderstood character throughout the series he made the ultimate sacrifice.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 12 months ago

I too felt Professor Snape's death was the saddest.  Maybe he found love and happiness in the afterlife.

4. filipe baiao profile image96
    filipe baiaoposted 12 months ago

Yeah Snape in hindsight ends up being one of the saddest. I can't imagine that man's emotional endurance for all of those years, to watch all of those people die and being unable to act on it to keep up appearances, only to die and being understood only posthumously. For me though, depite me knowing I'm in the minority on this, it has to be Cedric Diggory, especially in the books where he serves as the optimal example of Hufflepuff's valor.

5. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 12 months ago

In the books, probably Dumbledore. The movie for the Half-Blood Prince was terrible, though, and didn't deliver anything properly.

The saddest death in the movies was probably Cedric.

filipe baiaoposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I totally agree on Dumbledore, It didn't have the weight it had in the books

6. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 12 months ago

Harry Potter's godfather, when it looked like he'd be a surrogate/second father for Harry.

filipe baiaoposted 12 months agoin reply to this

That's one that I thought was really well executed in the lead up to it, just because Sirius is inherently such a lovable character, especially since the whole story is from Harry's point of view

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 12 months agoin reply to this

When we saw OOTP in the theater my daughter thought it sucked that Harry's godfather died.

7. Kei de juan profile image75
    Kei de juanposted 10 months ago

If you ask me, Snape's death was the hardest.  He was misunderstood, and the moment He asked Harry for forgiveness, it broke my heart.  he was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the son of the woman, who he loved.  To care for the child of the  love of your life with the very person, who tortured you, shows how big of a man Snape truly was.  the word "ALWAYS" had a whole new different meaning for me when Snape said it to Dumbledore.  I has it tattoed because of the impact it made in my life.

working