jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Have you sold books on Amazon?

1. iggy7117 profile image78
    iggy7117posted 11 months ago

Have you sold books on Amazon?

Tell me of your experience and any tips. I noticed my fees are more then I got for the book.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 11 months ago

I've been selling my five books on Amazon for as many years.  It is a great opportunity to put your work in the marketplace.  Getting it noticed is a different matter.  I've found advertising on GoodReads to be more productive.  It's easy to target my market and keep my ad costs reasonable - you pay only for the response you get.

There are many schools of thought about pricing, and no one can tell you what's going to work best for your work.  I've found people who search out my books will pay whatever I charge for them.  I've recently dropped the price of my ebooks to try and reach the readers who regularly scan for that price.  I haven't seen a real difference in my sales.

I also thought HubPages would generate interest in my work.  It has not in spite of many comments on how much hubbers like my writing style.  Go figure.

Good luck.

3. AuthorShea profile image84
    AuthorSheaposted 10 months ago

I have four books on Amazon. Your royalties are only 30% of what's sold. Unless you are enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited Program where you have to be exclusive to Amazon for three month periods. Then you can earn up to 70% royalties depending on pages read, author rank, etc.
    What type of books do you write? I've definitely found sex sells. Literally, my romance novels out sell my paranormal ones two fold.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
      Kathleen Cochranposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Still, you are writing in the two most profitable genres.  Continued good luck!

working