jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What happened to sites like "Bubblews" and "CPG Gallery?"

1. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 9 months ago

What happened to sites like "Bubblews" and "CPG Gallery?"

I remember being part of writing sites where one could write pointless blurbs and get many likes or dislikes, and money. To be honest, I never cared about the money, I was in it for the writing and the fun. There were people on there I constantly quarreled with and I actually miss some of them.  What happened to these sites?  Why are they not around anymore?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 9 months ago

Bubblews went under, and literally closed the doors with no notice. Here's an article from when it happened: http://www.inquisitr.com/2569374/bubble … o-warning/

Never heard of the other site before.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 months ago

Bubblews' bubble burst when it ran out of money and could no longer pay its contributors.
    Never heard of CPG Gallery but if they were a site similar to Bubblews I would imagine their fate was similar as well.

4. creativearts2009 profile image84
    creativearts2009posted 9 months ago

I used to belong to Xanga and while I never had enough views to get paid, I enjoyed answering the relationship problems people sent in. This wasn't on my home page, but a community forum. Xanga changed it's format to being Wordpress based and I didn't follow them over. It was obvious things would not be the same. They gave us notice and I did download my paltry articles and transfer them to my Blogger page.

working