jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How to find a topic for my dissertation ?

1. LilliaGuez97 profile image61
    LilliaGuez97posted 7 months ago

How to find a topic for my dissertation ?

i'm 3rd year english student in university and this year is to be my final so I have to pose my dissertation so I want some help please .

2. Lindsay Bloom profile image59
    Lindsay Bloomposted 7 months ago

Your advisor would be the most appropriate person to help with that.

However, you can start with these questions. Maybe thinking about them will help you find a topic.

1. What about English interested you enough to major in it?
    2. Which courses did you find most absorbing?
    3. Which books, authors, literary styles or themes do you most like?
    4. What aspect of English do you most want to become an expert on?
    5. Are there any issues or controversies in English that you feel strongly about or want to explore?
    6. Your dissertation will likely need you to provide some new, unique insights into your topic, so which topics offer room for new insights?

LilliaGuez97posted 6 months agoin reply to this

I would like to Thank you  for the favor u've done to me .. I aprreciate this Lindsay ... Hope u thé best

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 months ago

Several potential topics:
    * how online language resources are helping or hurting English education whether for native speakers or second language learners
    * the evolution of insults as one set of terms is banned or shunned and others take their place
    * the rise of English language dialects in Asia and other areas
    * the loss of regional accents and erosion of dialects after two to three generations of national media

LilliaGuez97posted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thnx Tamara smile U really gave me a hand of help i was confused .. U've leaded me to smth" bénéficiant " Important .. Thnx again

Closed to reply

working