How to find a topic for my dissertation ?
i'm 3rd year english student in university and this year is to be my final so I have to pose my dissertation so I want some help please .
Your advisor would be the most appropriate person to help with that.
However, you can start with these questions. Maybe thinking about them will help you find a topic.
1. What about English interested you enough to major in it?
2. Which courses did you find most absorbing?
3. Which books, authors, literary styles or themes do you most like?
4. What aspect of English do you most want to become an expert on?
5. Are there any issues or controversies in English that you feel strongly about or want to explore?
6. Your dissertation will likely need you to provide some new, unique insights into your topic, so which topics offer room for new insights?
Several potential topics:
* how online language resources are helping or hurting English education whether for native speakers or second language learners
* the evolution of insults as one set of terms is banned or shunned and others take their place
* the rise of English language dialects in Asia and other areas
* the loss of regional accents and erosion of dialects after two to three generations of national media
by Kathleen Odenthal3 years ago
What is your personal favorite topic to write about?Not your most popular topic, or your most heavily visited, I want to know what your passion is, why you write? We all have some sort of fire burning our creative...
by Randi Benlulu5 years ago
Can someone help me to find a direct route to the Weekly Inspiration Hub topic?I would love to participate in this (and have done once) but can't seem to find a link that brings me to the current week! Help!!!!
by Sondra Rochelle3 years ago
I'm sorry if this post offends anybody, but I am really getting tired of people who basically are non English speakers showing up, throwing a hub together without expending any effort to read the forums or the learning...
by Tom Ware5 years ago
Does anyone ever check the English composition of our Hubs for good grammar, correct word usage,...and the spelling of words. I just read a Hub by a new chum. No names no court martials. ...
by Greensleeves Hubs5 years ago
Perhaps the saddest thing I see on a regular basis on HubPages is the effort of foreign HubPages members with limited English to establish a readership for their hubs. Too often I come across hubbers whose intentions...
by Susan Zutautas6 years ago
What do you do when you cannot find anything interesting to write about?I have been in a funk for a few days now and it is driving me crazy as I cannot seem to come up with something to write about.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.