jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Ebooks top paperback for first time

1. Bill Manning profile image76
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago
    1. Matt in Jax profile image70
      Matt in Jaxposted 6 years agoin reply to this

With the explosion recently of the Kindles and the Nooks and the iPads, it's no wonder. And the markup % on those files is absolutely ridiculous and saves on publishing costs and many other start-up problems for the author / publisher.
      I haven't personally been in the market, but I know a few who are and they're dedicated.

2. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Cool information, thanks for the heads up smile

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 6 years agoin reply to this

a major paper bookstore has gone broke in Australia.

What's involved with ebooks?  What kind of software?  Can it be a very small book?  Sell on own website?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I've been trying to come up with ideas for ebooks.

1. Bill Manning profile image76
      Bill Manningposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Since Ebooks are sold as down-loadable and not indexed on the net, you can use some of your hubs, blog post and/or website articles for the bulk of your content.

I'm going to gather up my best Disney tips, Orlando vacation information and stuff and make several E-books out of them. smile

When I have time,,,,, hmm

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The most hubs I have on one topic is on the Impressionist artists. The main part is the pictures which I won't be able to add. Maybe I could just post the biographies but I don't know how much interest that would generate.

But...I do have some about cats on Triond...hmmm. Since I am now unemployed I have to time to do something about that...I want to avoid getting hooked on the Young and Restless again...

3. Adventure Colorad profile image82
    Adventure Coloradposted 6 years ago

Very interesting, I like the feel of actually having a book in my hands, but at the same time, you can easily carry a whole library of books on an iPhone or iPad.

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image94
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing this information about e-books.  It will be interesting to see how the publishing industry changes over the next decade.

working