Simple Yet Effective Cleaning Tips That Take Very Little Time
Get Ready To Start Cleaning
Not everyone likes to clean and organize. There are so many fun things do instead of clean. There are some people who take cleaning to the next level and just love cleaning. Living in a spotless living space is something they absolutely must have, and something they will accomplish if it is the last thing they do. I speak from many years of experience on this.To do that is not as hard as you may think, simple little things can make cleaning a better experience. Some people would rather pull out their teeth with pliers than clean. Here are some simple yet effective ways to claim your "I love to clean" award.
- Adding bleach at the end of your wash cycle will make your clothes much softer and less stiff. Adding a small amount of bleach to the bottom of your trash can will get rid of those annoying and unpleasant odors. Who doesn't like a fresh smelling trash can. I know I love a fresh smelling trash can. Never mix your bleach with ammonia unless you are ready to get slammed with some very toxic deadly fumes. DO NOT MIX these two chemicals under any circumstance. Use one or the other.
- Did you know that the carpeting in the average home is 4,000 times dirtier than the toilet seat in your bathroom? Yes it is. That is not a comforting thought is it? That brings me to vacuuming, only about 50% dirt is eliminated through vacuuming. That is a lot of dirt left hiding in your carpet. So the best solution to a cleaner carpet is steam cleaning. Once or twice a year is generally a good schedule. But more often if you have a lot of traffic, and soil build up. If you are a clean freak, you will choose the more often than two times a year. But two times a year is plenty!
- How about removing wax from your candle holders? It can get built up and look kind of ugly don't you think?. The easiest way to remove the wax is by freezing the candle holder, then gently tap the sides. It should slip right out. Another simple way is soak in cold water, the wax will release itself. Bam! Wax be gone. That is simple!
- Have you ever been in the bathroom, and have the mirrors fog up? Especially after a nice hot shower. One way to prevent that from happening is to rub shaving creme on the mirrors. No more foggy mirrors. You can take that hot shower, get out and look in the mirror without having to wipe away the fog. It works absolute wonders. And you will see as clear as day.
- A really great way to keep your cozy comforter and pillows from getting all bunched up after washing and drying them is to put a clean tennis ball in the dryer. This should make them comfy and fluffy again. Just the way you like them. Me too!
These tips can be quite effective if you use them throughout your day, or if you wondered how the heck do I make this easier?
Other Hubs You May Enjoy
- Vacation Destination, 11 Fun Things To Do While Visi...
Daytona Beach, Florida is a famous vacation destination people enjoy coming back to time and time again. Thousands of people visit every year for business, pleasure and lots of fun.
- The Best North Carolina Getaways
Looking for a relaxing getaway? Check out North Carolina. These getaways offer family fun, an all girl getaway, and even romance. Escape to North Carolina for adventure, or relaxation.
- How to Clean Air Ventilation Ducts Yourself
Cleaner duct work equals cleaner air and less dusting. Learn how you can improve the quality of the air in your home for free without specialized tools.
More great ideas
- If you need to clean your walls it is best to use a wall mop, which you can purchase at a hardware store, or janitorial supply shop. You can probably even get one cheap at Dollar General. If you are bypassing the mop and going full force with hands and a step ladder it may take awhile for you to get the job done. Use a bucket with a cleaning solution, an all around general purpose cleaner like pine sol, or something that suits your preference is satisfactory. Have sponges and towels for any excess dripping.
- Keep those remote controls clean and in working order. Use some cotton swabs and toothpicks work great to get the gunk out of the hard to reach places. Wipe buttons with a cotton ball and a little bit of rubbing alcohol. Use a clean cloth to wipe the remote front and back. Your remotes are now sparkly clean. Well they will be when you go clean them. Go!
- What to do with all those newspapers, magazines, and books? Who needs all that clutter. Not you. Save the ones you absolutely need, but make someone happy by donating them. Leave them outside your apartment door with a 'free' note attached. Give them to a neighbor, doctors office, or a senior center. Tidy up your space, get rid of all the clutter. You will love yourself for it.
There, you have some really simple, yet extremely effective cleaning tips to keep your home looking fresh and smelling like a garden of cleanliness. Could that be any easier? Hiring a maid would be easier, yes that would be a better solution for all of us, but some of us just cannot afford that expense. And being clean and neat isn't such a bad thing.