HomeMade Drip Irrigation
Drip Irrigation System
Drip Irrigation System is created by grouping pipes, valves, sprinkler, hose and more.
This is lens for home made drip irrigation system. How you can create sprinkler and irrigation system using un-use material in home, especially plastic bottles, jugs, cans and more.
Drip irrigation is best technique to feed your plant.
What is HERE??
How did the egyptians use irrigation
Egyptians Method of Irrigation
Creating Holes In Plastic Bottle/Jug
Take nail or something similar to that which didn't melt when it gets heat.
Take different size of nails so the holes are of different size and rate of flowing water can maintain.
Take an oven mitt to hold the nail over the flame until it gets hot.
Then pierced nail through the jug until you felt it was enough.
Drip Irrigation System Using Milk Jug
Homemade Drip Irrigation
1. Take the milk jug and wash it out properly.
2. Make bunch of holes on bottom of milk jug.
3. Using this jug you can water any of the plant. For that just dig pit nearer to plant root but with some distance (use some commonsense).
4. Fit the jug over there and again fill the pit with soil.
5. Fill the jug with water.
6. Now when water level in soil decrease water automatically start pouring into soil and root.
1. Slowly deliver water directly to the plant roots, minimizing evaporation and encouraging deep root development.
2. When you are out for vacation this system solve your watering problem.
TIP: You can use plastic bottle for your potted plants.
Note: This drip irrigation system works well but you need to water the garden and also need to fill water in jug. So when the soil dries it will water by Jug. On small level it helpful.
Drip Irrigation Kit
* Can irrigate up to 10 containers
* Pressure regulator is preset to 25 PSI
* Filter can be removed and cleaned
* Premium grade 1/4" vinyl micro-tubing
* Easy setup and maintenance
How to make Watering Can
Home made watering jug
1. Take a milk jug
2. Now pretend / try to pour water
3. Imagine area of jug from where it's easier to pour water.
4. Note that part and create circle over there.
5. Using nails create holes in that circle.
6. Equiv. distance holes are good
7. Your watering jug is ready.
TIP: You can paint the jug and create lots of design using creativity.
Irrigation Help Group
Use your Garden, Lawn or Backyard Wisely - Going Green
Plant Vegetables and other crops
Self Watering Planters
Do it yourself
Easy Tips/Steps to Make Self-watering Garden Planters:
1. Take a milk jug/ any plastic bottle and cut it in half below the handle.
2. Press the top of the jug - remove the cap and press it in floral foam about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Twist the top half of the jug to one side until the floral foam breaks.
This will create a small plug in the bottom which will not let the soil pour out.
3. Inside bottom of the jug you will notice a ridge. Take the cut upper part of the jug and invert it above the bottom in such a way that foam touches the bottom of jug. (see image below)
4. Now add soil and seeds in upper part of the jug.
5. Fill the bottom of the jug with water.
6. Floral foam will allow water in and out.
7. And your self watering planter is ready.
self watering planter
Watering on Ebay
Open Ebay account and bid. Ebay is place where you can get things on lower rate by bidding and winning the bid. And its all free. So start biding and get products on lesser price. You can also sale your used product
Drip Irrigation Using Clay Pot
how did the egyptians use irrigation - Reuse your old Clay pots
Olla pronounced as OH- YAH is ancient technique or you can say first irrigation technique in world, in which clay pots are used. According to study it's believed that this method is originated in Northern Africa and drip irrigation technique began to develop in Afghanistan in 1866. At that time irrigation using clay pipe to create whole irrigation system and drainage systems. This watering method is still in use today in many parts of the world, especially in the southwest U.S
See the video below to find out how to use clay pot as drip irrigation.
Don't forget to cover pot because open water can be a home for insects.
How to use Clay Pot as Irrigation?
Drip Irrigation Using Plastic Bucket
This plastic bucket experiment is done by Rice University students: Drip irrigation with Bucket
Find more information on what is drip irrigation and how to install it.
Drip Irrigation Basics
There are different types of irrigation method or you can say watering methods. Since years technology keeps changing and making better irrigation system. Above chart is showing you "IRRIGATION SYSTEM EFFICIENCY"
On this lens, I have talked about how to create homemade drip irrigation with reusing your plastic and other stuff.
Read more on drip irrigation concept on my Save Water Using drip irrigation System.
Also, pdf sources are available on installing drip irrigation.
Home Made Drip Watering System
Going for perfect irrigation scheduling plan is a nice thing that really very few landscape and outdoor professionals have understood and utilized. By and large, the loss of plant materials on new landscape projects is the straight result of unsuitable irrigation scheduling
If you find this lens helpful, please consider rating it or leave your feedback so I can improve. Everyone thanks for your comments. Every comment is inspire me to add more content into lens.