How to Use Candles for an Attractive Home Décor Style
Why Candles Are a Great Choice for Home Decorating
One of the easiest ways to decorate your home is by using candles. They provide warmth, elegance, and ambiance to any room. They are extremely versatile and can be arranged in an infinite amount of ways. They can be scentless, or give off an aroma to provoke the senses. Candles come in a variety shapes, colors, and sizes too.
Candles can be expensive or cost next-to-nothing, depending on where you buy them and if they are on sale. I keep a cabinet full of attractive candles, because I buy them when I happen to catch them marked down. Department stores frequently mark candles down to get rid of the old and make room for the new. Even specialty stores like Pier One will mark down older candles, as they bring in new inventory or new seasonal items. I never pay more than a couple of dollars for a candle, including the very large ones. A trip to your local Dollar Tree may surprise you. While they may not have larger candles, they always carry tealights, small pillar candles, and attractive glassware for displaying the candles that will greatly add to your home decor.
Tips on Attractive Home Décor With Candles
- To make a greater impact, place candles in pairs or groups. One very large candle can be beautiful by itself, or several very small candles can have a very dramatic effect.
- Floating candles are often unexpected and catch peoples' attention easily. These can be placed in a variety of containers, from martini glasses to plant pots.
- Use embellished chargers to display candles. Place potpourri, shells, or plant clippings, such as evergreen foliage, around candles.
- Place candles on mirrors to produce a more glowing and radiant effect. Small mirrors in square and circular shapes are available at your local craft store. Decorative wall mirrors will also work nicely.
- Use tealights in a grouping of wine glasses. These look incredible when placed on a table with flowers or other decorative items. The wine glass stems allow for easy placement. Using an assortment of different sizes and styles of wine glasses also adds appeal.
- Fill a vase with wine corks, shells, or potpourri. Place a votive candle in dish in the center, so that it is level with the vase.
- Place pillar candles on assorted candle holders. These can be painted the same color to give unity. The different sizes and designs of candle holders draw interest.
- Fill corners or awkward spaces with large wooden candle holders and large pillar candles.
- Visit HGTV's webpage that tells how to create candle centerpieces, how to make candles, and more great tips about how to decorate with candles.
- Browse 25 inspiring photos for easy and inexpensive candle centerpieces at Martha Stewart's website.
- Visit Pinterest's candle idea page, full of creative and innovative ideas for decorating with candles. Some that stood out included candles adorned cinnamon sticks and small pumpkins, and candles place in cranberries and coffee beans.
- Watch the short video below for 3 great basic yet elegant ideas for using candles outside of your home. You will need empty wine bottles, paint cans, metal container of plant pot, sand, gravel, tapered candles, and tealights.
- Decorating a Home on a Budget
Change your home décor with a few small purchases in home furnishings. Make your home feel like a place you want to be with simple improvements that provide comfort and elegance.
- How to Use Candles for an Attractive Home Décor Styl...
Decorating with candles is an easy way to bring warmth and elegance to any room. Use these simple tips to create attractive home decor with candles and to make your home more inviting and cozy with the use of candles.