jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are the best cleaning supplies that really work to clean a shower door from

1. ReuVera profile image79
    ReuVeraposted 8 years ago

What are the best cleaning supplies that really work to clean a shower door from soapstone?

2. chester645 profile image56
    chester645posted 8 years ago

The best shower cleaner I have found for hard water deposits and soap scum is vinegar.  Just put some in a spray bottle and spray your entire shower or tub and let it stand for about 10 minutes then spray it again.  Use a sponge or brush to work over the entire area.  The vinegar may bubble a little.  This is perfectly normal.  Finally rinse the area with hot water. 

I also use vinegar to soak my shower heads to remove the hard water deposits.  Just mix a 50% vinegar and 50% hot water mixture and let the shower head soak for about an hour, then all of the hard water deposits will be gone and it will working like new.

3. It's just me profile image61
    It's just meposted 8 years ago

Use a cheap shampoo and a scrubbie on the tub and it's doors and walls, rinse with clear water once or twice a week and you'll never have soap build up.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

clorox always works............................................

5. coneybridget profile image55
    coneybridgetposted 8 years ago

Good old fashion bleach always seem to do the trick. Because nine times out of ten you are adding bleach to your name brand cleaners for more cleaning power  on tough stains. Make you put in a spray bottle so it can sit for a hour, and don't forget to open a window.

6. profile image0
    Jalusposted 7 years ago

I used one of those brill-o type pads to get off tough scum.  Then it is easy to maintain and you can just use those newer sprays that you squirt each time you leave the shower