jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Wallpaper or paint?

1. G Miah profile image80
    G Miahposted 8 years ago

Wallpaper or paint?

I'm thinking of redecorating my house, and i like paint, but in some rooms i prefer wallpaper. What do you prefer?

2. floating mind profile image76
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

Wallpaper can look very nice.  But I prefer paint.  I like to do the work myself.  And though wallpaper can add a real appeal to a room, you can do some pretty fantastic things with paint.

From painting boundaries, patterns, and prints ... paint gives you some many more options.  And, it's easy to change a painted room to another color or pattern.

For me, paint is the way to go!

3. LeonJane profile image88
    LeonJaneposted 8 years ago

Use both. For a different internal decorating idea why not use both. That is, paint all your internal walls in a neutral colour like cream/white then select striking wallpaper that you like and make a feature wall out of it. Use a striking wallpaper like navy blue for example with geometric forms in it then select one wall, like your dining room wall, and apply the wallpaper to that wall only. It would look cool and modern.

4. G Miah profile image80
    G Miahposted 8 years ago

Some really good ideas, thanks. I like the lounge to stand out, and the bedroom than all other rooms so i'll get them done with feature walls. And the other rooms will just get some nice paint on them!

5. profile image44
    ashjustinposted 8 years ago

well paint lasts forever and cheaper to buy and you can pick whatever color you want. Wallpaper is very expensive unless you get plain and in a few years it starts to peel from moisture.

6. leisacollins profile image53
    leisacollinsposted 8 years ago

Balance the budget, functionality and aesthetic aspects of your redecorating design. Wallpaper can be very aesthetic as well as functional if it fits within your budget. Go for it! Splurge and create!

7. Aldo Decorating profile image50
    Aldo Decoratingposted 8 years ago

Paint it you can achieve loads of different quality finishes. IE one of my favourites colour washing and painted finishes make it much easier when it comes to redecorating. Have you ever tried stripping wallpaper?

8. katescats profile image79
    katescatsposted 7 years ago

Well, wallpaper is the new decorating buzz.  There are some great patterns. You can put it on one wall as a focal feature or you can put a muted paper on all walls.

working