jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

why are my hot tub jets weeker than they used to be

1. profile image46
    talkerposted 7 years ago

why are my hot tub jets weeker than they used to be

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Has the tub been kept clean so that the jets and tubes are not blocked?  Have you checked that the motor is in good condition and running properly?

Most often a lack of upkeep is what results in this type of problem.

3. paulkimelecu profile image56
    paulkimelecuposted 7 years ago

Yes, you have to clean the hot tub regularly or scum will build up in the jets. Try to check the water and make sure the pH is right and that your water isn't too hard. Those could be causes

4. BayBayz profile image67
    BayBayzposted 7 years ago

I would suggest that your pumps are either not powerful enough or you have more jets than one pump can handle and you need a second pump

5. OakvilleBusiness profile image65
    OakvilleBusinessposted 7 years ago

Have you found out the reason why your jets are weak yet?  It would be great to share if you did.  Do you have one pump or two pumps?  If two pumps, are all of the jets weak on both pumps?  If one pump, have some jets been opened or closed (maybe they are all open as you can adjust the ring around many jets to individually open and close them). Or there could be a blockage in the main line. Maybe the filter is clogged and needs to be replaced. Hot Tub filters should be replaced every 1 1/2 years or so depending on use.
    Hope you got it working!
    TheHotTubSuperstore Canada

6. David Robertson profile image63
    David Robertsonposted 6 years ago

Several things to check.  I'll go by easisest to hardest:
    1. Check to make sure the filter is clean.
    2. Check the diverter valve is in the right posistion for the jets you are using
    3. check the air valve controls, on some spas this is the collar of the jet itself
    4. check the air valve hoses and check valves, spiders can lay eggs or spin webs that clog them
    5. if it's none of the above, take apart the jet pump and check the impellor.
    6. Call a service tech.

If you tell us the mfg. we can be more specific with answers.