jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What chemicalss do I need to start up my hot tub. I lost my guide and don't reme

1. profile image45
    jason6687posted 7 years ago

What chemicalss do I need to start up my hot tub. I lost my guide and don't remember what goes...

in when filling it back up

2. David Robertson profile image62
    David Robertsonposted 7 years ago

You should take your water to a local hot tub store preferrably a Spa Guard Dealer and have their ALEX water analysis software test the water.  This is especially important for city water as water changes and your start up will vary. 

As far as sanitizer goes, that depends on what sanitizer you are using?  You should always balance the water first before adding sanitizers.

Here is a link to the spa guard dealer locator: http://www.spaguard.com/mp/v/index.jsp? … mt=default

3. HarryIrving profile image57
    HarryIrvingposted 6 years ago

The most common chemicals hot tubs need are sanitizers (chlorine or bromine). But other factors like alkalinity, pH level, Calcium and Magnesium salts, etc are needed to be well balanced.

You can get testers and such to be able to get the total dissolved solids measurements in local hot tub stores and they can teach you do these things yourself.

Hope I was able to help.

4. JennyKnight profile image55
    JennyKnightposted 6 years ago

Chemicals or no chemicals, always make sure that your tub is always clean. Dry it up well every after usage, and make sure you cover it thoroughly so no dusts or any other particles will get in.