jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

It is getting closer and closer to painting and I still cannot choose the colors

1. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

It is getting closer and closer to painting and I still cannot choose the colors.  Could anyone...

suggest the best sophisticated colors?

2. Azure11 profile image91
    Azure11posted 7 years ago

How about getting some interior design magazines and checking through the room pictures to see what takes your fancy? I guess also it depends what room you are decorating! For a bedroom maybe a feature wall in a deep colour like dark red or if it is a lounge then maybe you need it to match your existing furniture? One mixture I like at the moment is powder blue and chocolate brown.

3. Emissionguy profile image84
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

I always cheat when it comes to things like this. I invite my friends over who have decor that I admire and pick their brains for free.

4. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions......I will try to forge ahead.

5. qqq0104 profile image74
    qqq0104posted 7 years ago

There are so many shades and hues of sophisticated colors that it's really a matter of personal taste for the final paint color decision. Benjamin Moore's Historical Colors Collection has numerous very elegant and extremely sophisticated paint colors that you could look through online. You could try starting there for some ideas, then find a similar color in the paint you prefer most.

working