jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do We Eat Spiders In Our Sleep - Microscopic Spiders Like Dust Mites? Or Is It J

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Do We Eat Spiders In Our Sleep - Microscopic Spiders Like Dust Mites? Or Is It Just An Urban Legend?

2. tthudium profile image59
    tthudiumposted 7 years ago

I think you eat other bugs too. I have also heard that you consume 2 pounds of hair every year. Hope this helps.

3. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

There are creepy crawlie thingies all over and everywhere - even you eyelashes!. After a decade of use - a pillow's weight is half in bug corpses. That's why really old pillows are so heavy.

Dust mites can also cause nasal polyps growths within the nose.

You know that lovely image of Santa's reindeer? Well in Lapland, in the summer the mosquitoes are so thick that people wear mesh masks. The reindeer's head has huge sinus cavities and blow out like a bucket full of snot infested with infected mucus from the mosquitoes.

Oh yeah google images with the words 'parasite' &  'eye' to see a whole bunch of gross pictures of eye worms!!

Let Eat!!!

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

We either do, or we don't, whatever, we're still alive, does it really matter?

5. aslanlight profile image72
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

I don't know the answer to that but I do know that when people suffer from dust mite allergy it's not the mites themselves but their poo that causes the reactions!

6. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

ptosis's response makes me shudder - I knew about the dust mites, bed bugs and bug residue on pillows but the eye worms are new to me.  Just confirms my thought that all types of bacteria, bugs and parasites live on our skin and around us!

working