jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you sleep with your window open or closed?

1. aslanlight profile image73
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

Do you sleep with your window open or closed?

I'm curious about this. I have to sleep with mine open because I breath better and feel fresher but I know the house loses heat this way.

Which do you prefer, open or closed and why?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

I would prefer to sleep with it open but I live in Ontario Canada and it is really cold at this time of year and it would cause the heating bill to go up too much.

3. charleigh345 profile image58
    charleigh345posted 7 years ago

I would love to have my windows open, but having moved into a big city like FortWorth, you just can't. You have too many people that go around just looking for an open window in which to gain acces to your home for what ever reason.
    Currently, I do know that in a city about 10 miles from me, they have had a series of break-ins where women were raped. You can understand my not wanting to invite trouble by keeping my windows open, but I do love to have a fresh breeze blowing through the house. Even at night.

4. ChilliWilly profile image59
    ChilliWillyposted 7 years ago

Well in summer time I always sleep with open window because of the fresh air. Dreams are more sweetier then air is fresh smile)

5. brittanygc profile image70
    brittanygcposted 7 years ago

While it would be nice to sleep with open windows, I'm too worried about someone trying to break in, especially if I forgot to close them. Windows are always closed and locked, as well as doors.

6. ViTaMiNaDD profile image54
    ViTaMiNaDDposted 7 years ago

It is often very cold where I live so I am required to keep my window tightly shut. Plus I wouldn't want the neighbors to hear my wife during our alone time wink

7. aslanlight profile image73
    aslanlightposted 7 years ago

Thanks for your responses; it seems that the majority of you would like to be able to keep your windows open but feel that heating and breaking in issues prevent you. I keep a very small window open that can't be climbed through and I use small fan heaters because they're cheaper. I wear woollen clothes and use woollen bedding so I don't need to have the heaters on so much. Perhaps there are ways around it given some thought? The breaking in issue I wouldn't know how to solve if you only have large windows.

working