jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you use your AC in the summer, or keep the windows open?

1. D22314 profile image78
    D22314posted 5 years ago

Do you use your AC in the summer, or keep the windows open?

Personally I prefer to keep the windows open, but it tends to let in too many bugs for my liking. Do you do the same, or do you use the AC?

2. ASchwartz profile image74
    ASchwartzposted 5 years ago

AC in our house for sure, especially at night. I just can't sleep if I'm too warm.

3. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

I prefer open windows--  with screens. 
    If it's too hot or humid, though, I use AC--  more for the computer's sake than my own.

4. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

We're trying to lower our electricity bills, so we keep the windows open with screens in. We have ceiling fans and window fans to circulate the air.

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 5 years ago

Neither -- it's often in excess of 100 degrees in the summer, so it's pretty silly to leave the windows open to that kind of air. We have good insulation in the house for a reason, and it's not just for the extreme cold in the winter. We'll generally keep the windows and doors open in the early morning and again after the sun goes down if the temp falls below the inside temperature, and keep everything closed during the day with the curtains drawn and run a fan for a bit of air flow. There's a newer portion of our house that has quite a few windows; it gets very hot in the summer no matter what we do, so we don't use it much. However, our office and the kids' rooms were all wetwall, built circa World War I, so it stays nice and cave-like in there if we keep everything closed.

6. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

We leave the windows open unless it gets really hot. We do get few days in the summer that it gets really hot, then it's the AC for sure.