This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Is it okay to sleep on the side of the bed that is not directly in the doorway?

1. profile image49
    Yola3429posted 7 years ago

Is it okay to sleep on the side of the bed that is not directly in the doorway?

Hi Om, My bedroom is very small and the only way I can position the bed is feet facing the door....
    Headboard is against the wall. I've been sleeping on the side of the bed where my feet are not directly in the doorway but are facing a wall. I know at some point I will have to place a screen or room divider to block the doorway entirely but, until I purchase one, is it okay to sleep on that side of the bed that is not exposed to the doorway?

2. Om Paramapoonya profile image94
    Om Paramapoonyaposted 7 years ago

Yes, you could do that but I'm not sure how much that would help. Isn't there anything else in your house that you can place between the foot of your bed and the door? It doesn't have to be a big room divider or screen that blocks your view of the door completely. A bookcase or small wardrobe will work just fine. smile

3. profile image49
    Yola3429posted 7 years ago

I don't have a bookcase or small wardrobe. I read in a Feng Shui article, that I could place a Ottoman between the bed and the doorway. I do have an ottoman, so I've been using this instead. Will this suffice? If not, any other suggestions would be helpful and can you tell me ,if whatever you're placing between the foot of the bed and the doorway, is this used to redirect the flow of chi since these items don't entirely block the doorway? Thanks again

working