jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How Can I Reface My Cabinets Myself?

1. dwaynehood profile image36
    dwaynehoodposted 7 years ago

How Can I Reface My Cabinets Myself?

2. profile image0
    Fiddlemanposted 7 years ago

If you have the skills you can. My sister in law decided to put a pickling finish on her cabinets and did so. I', not sure how she learned to do this but probably a step by step manual she bought at a materials supply store like Home Depot or Lowe's.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

what kind of material are they made of? this will have a big effect on how and if you reface them.

4. sarahpucci profile image59
    sarahpucciposted 7 years ago

It's very simple really. Just go to a hardware store and ask them to show you which tools you need for cabinet refacing. Then ask someone to show you how to use them. No advice through here will be more useful than actually seeing the tools in action! smile

5. Dave Framer profile image75
    Dave Framerposted 7 years ago

are you actually going to reface or just refinish, refacing requires a little more skill and tools. refacing actually applies a new substrate to your existing cabinet face , i.e. maple ,oak or your particular choice, you can purchase materials at your local wood product supplier, they can also give you tips and or training to help you complete your task. just refinishing mostly sand paper and a lot of elbow grease, look for cabinet supplies

6. dwaynehood profile image36
    dwaynehoodposted 7 years ago

Well, first of all thanks for your good response and tips that given me.. i agreed with sarahpucci..

working