How to program a 2-button universal garage opener to work with two 3-button remo

1. profile image46
    petra54posted 7 years ago

How to program a 2-button universal garage opener to work with two 3-button remote control opener?

I have a craftsman garage opener with two 3-button remote control openers.  Just bought a...Chamberlain Universal two button clicker.  I can program it ok, but when I do that it erases the programming for the older remote controls.  So i can't get all of them to work at the same time.  Any idea why?  does it have to do with the dip switches?

2. Sweeps Luck profile image80
    Sweeps Luckposted 7 years ago

Petra...You will need to erase everything on the board and start over. To do this, hold down the learn button for about 20 seconds..then wait about 5 seconds..then press and release the learn button and hold down a remote button that you want to program until you hear a click..when it clicks it is programmed. Continue until you have a total of 5 remotes put into that machine..after 5..it starts to erase the first ones programmed..that is what was happening before.. Also, i am not a fan of universal clickers..they sometimes work and sometimes give more problems than they are worth...Joe

working