How do you safe proof your home?

1. beverlyannblock profile image57
    beverlyannblockposted 7 years ago

How do you safe proof your home?

2. Hound Cat profile image58
    Hound Catposted 7 years ago

I would lock away any items that are hazardous, especially firearms and the ammunition.  Secure all dangerous supplies out of the reach of children.

3. Ken Barton profile image57
    Ken Bartonposted 7 years ago

It depends on what you mean by Safe Proof your home.  To make it safe for children, you want to put hazardous items away out of reach from children.  Cabinet locks help keep kids from opening kitchen cupboards and getting into things they should be.  Gates to prevent children from falling down stairs can be installed and receptacle caps in can keep children from putting their fingers into the slots and being electrocuted.

If you mean keeping your home Safe from robbers you can use wall safes, gun safes, dead-bolt locks, window locks, and in home security systems.

An old friend of mine left his house completely unlocked and said if anyone wanted what he had they were welcome to it, but then again, he didn't have a family to keep safe either. Myself, I have dead bolt locks, window locks, and a shotgun handy if anyone breaks in while we're home and I need to protect my wife.  If we're not home, I have Home Owners Insurance to cover everything else.  Stuff, is just that, stuff.  My wife I can't replace.

working