jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you care for your plants?

1. Fotographer profile image56
    Fotographerposted 6 years ago

How do you care for your plants?

2. carolp profile image80
    carolpposted 6 years ago

I use flower fertilizer per week. It makes the flowers grow strong with bright colorful blossoms.

3. profile image0
    Sheena Sahniposted 6 years ago

All the plants ,trees etc. are living beings.It is very well proved by science that plants do respond the way other living beings [ like us] respond. They too have emotions. Apart from doing the necessary things like fertilizing ,watering etc. , it would help if you talk to them . It has a very positive effect on them.You can also let some good , soothing [ or some spiritual music] playing around them . The positive vibes around leave a great impact on a plant's growth. I can assure you it is a tested phenomenon.
    You yourself can check it out by growing two plants simultaneously and caring each plant the different way .You 'll soon notice that the plant to whom you had given a personal affection is growing on a more faster rate than the other one.
    Some of these ways can be :
    1. Calling each of them by an in individual / lovely name.
    2. Each time you come and go out of the house, you can call them a little Hi and even a Bye.
    3. You talk to them as if they are listening.
    4,You can caress them or sometimes even kiss them ,while watering them.
    Try it out !
    you'll soon see the results.

4. profile image0
    FoodWorks Farmposted 6 years ago

I take the natural approach with all of my plants. To keep insects at bay, I use a concentrated red pepper spray. Take about 6 good sized cayenne peppers, boil them in 2 cups of water until they are mush. Let it steep like tea for a couple hours. Discard the peppers, pour the liquid into a regular size spray bottle top off with water and voila! Instant bug spray that won't harm your plants or the environment. To make them grow big and beautiful, nothing beats kitchen compost and molasses. Anything from your kitchen that doesn't include meat can be composted in your plants.  I know molasses sounds crazy but try it! Bout once every two weeks or so take a 1/4 cup of molasses and mix it with a gallon of water. This much covers my entire front porch garden ( about 20 plants).