jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I noticed you write a lot about home improvement items in HubPages. Do you earn

1. profile image52
    dynastyhardwareposted 6 years ago

I noticed you write a lot about home improvement items in HubPages. Do you earn much money

Can you explain how you earn money. Let me know if there is a way I can work with you on HubPages to benefit the both of us.

2. leroy64 profile image83
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

I am still trying to find my way on Hubpages, so the income is small, but growing.  I have only written one hub about remodeling.  It's not attracting a lot of attention. 

I use the hub page adsense program and the amazon affiliates program.  I use keywords to limit the amazon ads to the subjects of the hubs. 

Hope that helps.

3. Bud Gallant profile image77
    Bud Gallantposted 6 years ago

One of the first strategies I implemented when I joined here was writing on a variety of topics to gauge their overall performance with traffic and earnings. 

Those home improvement hubs are actually the poorest performers currently of any of my topics in traffic and earnings.  I credit it to them being pretty uninteresting and lacking any personality.  They're based around keywords, but they don't seem to be indexed yet, so it's possible that in the future traffic might pick up.

I don't expect to be focusing in that direction anymore myself, but that's not to say it can't be profitable.  For the most part, I think people running other online businesses have an interest in HubPages for the backlinks it can provide.

I've found that the community structure of the site here acts as a good motivational tool for me to write when I otherwise wouldn't, so that's why I'm interested in the platform.  I don't see any reason why you couldn't focus on a specific niche and build regular hubs to both provide backlinks and income potential from the hubs themselves.  I can see that working.

4. Fortadam profile image83
    Fortadamposted 6 years ago

So far I haven't been able to make more than a few dollars on Hubpages - but I LOVE writing here.  The community is great and, after you weed out the bad hubbers, there is a lot of good information on here.

I use Hubpages to link back to my blog www.insearchofthesea.com.  So far, hubpages has upped my blog views by a ton, and I've seen my adsense campaign on my blog start to produce some good results.

Hope this helps!

5. pedrn44 profile image94
    pedrn44posted 6 years ago

I'm relatively new to hubpages and don't earn much at all...very little, in fact. Most of my home improvement hubs do attract people. I use the hubpages ad program and amazon. I have written on a variety of subjects but just don't seem to get many clicks on my ads. I'm still learning and take full advantage of the forums and help section.

working