jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Easiest way to clean off (dust) blinds

1. livelonger profile image94
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

Easiest way to clean off (dust) blinds

Without any specialized tool/implement, and without a whole lot of setup, how can I easily wipe dust off from venetian blinds?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5940482_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I usually just use some kind of feather duster.  That seems to work the best for me.  Hope this helps!

3. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Depends just how dirty. Sometimes dusting doesn't work because the dirt is stuck on. Then have to take the enitre  thing off and was in the bathtub. After that first good clean a feather duster sounds good.

4. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Get curtains! They take the industrial feel out of a living area and impart your own personality/taste into a room.  Plus, curtains are easily bio-degradable in landfills.  Mini-blinds may be here long after we've moved to mars.  Curtains are usually easy to wash and they can be made at home or purchased online, in-store, or....

5. profile image50
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

Here are a couple of ideas you could try (and I have washed them in the tub AND hosed them down outside):
    -Blow the dust off with a blow dryer or push it off with a dry cloth and then vacuum.
    -If they are really bad, put them out in the rain.
    I've found that wet cleaning works best.

6. GirlGoneSplendid profile image71
    GirlGoneSplendidposted 6 years ago

Swiffer duster and vaccuming works well for me.

7. JBBlack profile image60
    JBBlackposted 6 years ago

Rip them violently off the window frame, cutting your hand, damging the wall.  No wait, I would clean each blind individually wiping both sides.  The tricky business is right around where the cords go through.  If I had some now, I might try to hit them up with the vacuum cleaner hose attachment.  I have previously taken the down and washed them in the bathtub.

8. Cas Merchant profile image61
    Cas Merchantposted 6 years ago

clean them with furniture polish, but then keep up with the dusting once a week. The dust won't stick. However, if you spray them then don't clean them regularly, the dust WILL build up...yuck!

working