jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How do you get glitter nail polish off the easiest way?

1. Global-Chica profile image95
    Global-Chicaposted 5 years ago

How do you get glitter nail polish off the easiest way?

It's so hard to take off glitter nail polish! Is there a trick to it?

2. multiculturalsoul profile image82
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

My wife had a similar problem, so I suggested steel wool, an SOS pad, an emery board, or super fine (360-600 grit) sandpaper.

She thought I was crazy and continued to labor with the nail polish remover.

I wonder if any of my "solutions" would have worked.

3. Cristale profile image87
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Using name brand nail polish remover, like Cutex, is the easiest way. Filing it off can damage the nail while name brand polish remover is strong enough to get all of it off within 2-3 swipes and contains good things for your nails.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Place 2 cotton balls with nail polish remover on them, let them sit on the nail pushing them firmly down for a slow count of 20 seconds. Then slide the cotton balls across the nail. The glitter should adhere to the cotton balls.

1. stricktlydating profile image82
      stricktlydatingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes! That's what I do! The polish remover needs to soak in a little and it comes off much easier then!  It will dry your nails out a bit so it's a good idea to moisurise afterwards too.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I've seen this done many times as I am surrounded by females. smile

5. Rosana Modugno profile image83
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Make sure you use a good name brand nail polish remover like Sally Hansen or Cutex and that it has Acetone in it.  The non-acetone is good for fake nails but it won't remove the glitter.

If you're having trouble with cotton, try using something with abrasion in it like the sponge backs of dish sponges that have a little scratch to it.  But if you use the right remover, you shouldn't have a problem.  Unless you have fake nails.  If you do, use the Acetone, just don't leave it on too long or it melts the acrylic.