jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Could you create a Hub containing all your "around the home" money-saving secret

1. Ardie profile image75
    Ardieposted 6 years ago

Could you create a Hub containing all your "around the home" money-saving secrets?

2. Amanda Martin profile image61
    Amanda Martinposted 6 years ago

Ardie,  that is my intention. My next entry will be dishwasher detergent. Meanwhile, try line drying your clothes. That saves my family of 5 about $50 a month in electricity.

3. Sparklea profile image73
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

Not sure if this is a money saver or not:  We don't own a dishwasher.  Never wanted one.  It seems that the time to rinse off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher is not worth it, might as well just wash them right there.  IF I am tired, I stick them in the pan under the sink and wash them in the morning.  I don't know if running hot water to do dishes in a dishwasher is more expensive than washing by hand or not.  My husband loves math, and he could probably figure it out. 

Anyway, at this point I'm thinking it is cheaper to do dishes by hand than use all that water in a dishwasher.  If I'm proven wrong, I'll admit it now.  Because I am not sure.
    Blessings, Sparklea smile

4. mooboomoo profile image78
    mooboomooposted 6 years ago

Some helpful hints on how to save money around your home on everyday items including money saving tips, growing your own, savvy shopping and sourcing vouchers codes. A must read for families wanting to cut costs in the current economic climate. read more

5. kevins blog52 profile image79
    kevins blog52posted 6 years ago

Yes I think you you could right a great hub on around the house savings Ardie. I wrote one.   Hidden money around your home.  Please check it out, I left a lot of room for more savings, I think the comments you got are good savings to.