jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Being a neat-freak, what's your initial reaction upon entering a messy home.

1. Sunshine625 profile image92
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

Being a neat-freak, what's your initial reaction upon entering a messy home.

2. Marcile777 profile image60
    Marcile777posted 6 years ago

Other folks mess dosent bother me so much , it's just my spaces that have to be orderly smile

3. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 6 years ago

My initial reaction? To scratch myself! My next reaction is to run for the door, never to return.  I can't work or play in chaos, mainly because chaos was so much of my former life.

4. remaniki profile image81
    remanikiposted 6 years ago

A messy home may be the result of many factors; if it is a friend I'm visiting, I think I won't mind being there. I always feel that the home being messy does happen to everyone sometimes - even the neat-freaks like me - because things go beyond your control on a few occasions. So I don't get judgmental when I see messy homes.

5. kingmaxler profile image60
    kingmaxlerposted 6 years ago

I want to clean it. I have a need to aid the person in creating a healthy lifestyle. Needless to say(although I am saying it right now,) I do not go visiting very often.

On the other hand, I am highly uncomfortable in an immaculate house. Clean is one thing, but when a house passes the white glove test I feel like I have to watch every move I make.

I believe in balance.

6. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

LOL! That's a sore point with me at the moment as I have decorators in and the builders have just left. The house is like a tip and it's driving me nuts! As to going into someone else's home if it's messy, I guess since I don't have to live there it doesn't bother me much. I do like neatness but I don't like a home to be 'sterile' and rigid either, but not everyone feels the same. I like clean and fairly tidy with a little of the lived-in look.

7. Sunshine625 profile image92
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

Great answers! I'm not as much a neat-freak as I used to be. Upon entering that messy home I'd probably attempt to clean up some clutter...it's a habit...not intentional. I catch myself and stop! smile

8. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

My family always considered me a neat-freak. I need organization in my life in order to function properly.  However, I have learned to overlook other's style of living in their homes.  I am there to visit them not their home.

9. profile image0
    paralegalproposted 6 years ago

Usually, I get a mild sensation of panic, as if the world is encroaching on me both inside and out. Not a pleasant sensation.

10. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 6 years ago

Stress! I am a neat freak and am constantly cleaning up behind myself in part because I want things clean but also in equal part because I've been into so many beautiful homes thus far in my life and not a single one had clutter. I want my home to look good and minor messes every now and then are okay but they won't be around for long. I know people who live in clutter but I cannot because it's a sign of letting things go and accumulating things that are not useful or valuable. Just having things to say you have them.

11. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I wish I were a little neater, but I don't have the personality or time to be a neat freak. I'm more naturally messy, and while I'd like to be neater, it's a constant work in progress. So I'm understanding of messy houses, as I know there are a lot of factors involved. I'm also, as someone else said, uncomfortable in an immaculate house. Or one that looks like a museum and not lived in.

12. diplorging profile image77
    diplorgingposted 5 years ago

If they don't have problem with that, I'm OK with that. But if I feel that I can help, I will offer help...

13. Athena PeaceRiver profile image54
    Athena PeaceRiverposted 5 years ago

I don't notice. I am not a neat freak so clutter and mess do not bother me. Neatness and extreme clean bothers me more. -_-