jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What can I do to avoid ironing and still have wrinkle-free clothes?

1. hecate-horus profile image80
    hecate-horusposted 6 years ago

What can I do to avoid ironing and still have wrinkle-free clothes?

My iron broke, I don't want to buy a new one.

2. eugbug profile image98
    eugbugposted 6 years ago

Fold clothes after they are dried to avoid creases developing. Allow the clothes to hang for several days. Sometimes as material absorbs moisture, some of the creases will become less pronounced and "fall out" of the clothes.
    You can place clothes on a flat surface and run your hands out from the center to the periphery of the material to smooth out major creases.

3. YogaKat profile image87
    YogaKatposted 6 years ago

My teeny weeny IIalian Mom's non iron laundry procedure: 1} put a wet washcloth in your dryer, 2) throw damp and wrinkled clothes into dryer  3) dry for as long as it takes to STEAM out wrinkles.  Then WALA  . .  . wrinkle free!

4. xamaria profile image60
    xamariaposted 6 years ago

^^; hair straightener. Ya know that flat iron crimp?

Heat it up...and use it as an iron. It'll take a longer time but that's what I did when I was traveling and I didn't want to rent any ironing board and iron (I'm such a cheapskate!) so I use the hair straightener on my clothes.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I hang up the permanent press directly from the dryer and it seems to work - but I don't buy anything that is prone to wrinkle like some 100% cotton fabrics.

6. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 6 years ago

Pay someone else to do it.

Unless you buy clothes that are specifically 'non iron' it's unlikely that you will be able to hide the fact that your garments haven't been ironed.

There are many ways to lessen the appearance of wrinkles in your clothes, but none will eradicate them entirely - except ironing.

7. Ciel Clark profile image75
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

Do you like wrinkle-free clothes but don't like wasting time ironing? Making a few changes in your laundry routine can save you hours of ironing during the week.  I haven't ironed in seven years, and my husband and I both have professional jobs! read more

8. dipsmi profile image73
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

I have no idea but I hate ironing and each time I try to press, I burn my husband's clothes.