What are some of your favorite, easy flowers to plant in the Spring?
Tulips are easy flowers to plant in the spring and outdoor hibicus are prennial plants, which are easy to plant and they come back every year. My preference is always are prennial plants. They are my favorite plants.
If I want flowers that I can plant early and that I don't have to worry about when the nights get cold, pansies are the way to go every time.
For easy flowers to plant in spring that will grow into beautiful flowers in summer I really don't think you can beat zinnias. Here is how I plant my zinnias every year to make this a chore that takes 5 minutes.
1. Select a spot for your zinnias. I like to plant zinnias in big circles so that they look like beautiful bouquets here and there in my yard. Think about a filled-in circle 3 feet across.
2. Loosen the soil in this area. I have mostly mulch beds so I have these circles exposed and have added black dirt. The mulch forms the circle around these exposed soil circles.
3. Throw zinnia seeds around. No need to plant - just toss seeds around in the circle.
4. Gently rake. I use a garden rake to agitate the soil. I don't pay much attention as to whether some seeds are buried and others are not. This works great every time. You don't need to labor over planting each seed.
5. Water whenever the soil dries out until the seedling have 1-2 sets of true leaves, at which time they should be getting pretty tough.
That's it. This planting method should take about 5 minutes once you have your zinnia spot prepared the first year. I don't worry about thinning them much but if there are too many I might pull a few. Do this and you can look forward to all-season color throughout your landscape.
By the way, profusion zinnias are awesome but I prefer them for pots. However, they do great in the ground. My favorites for the method I detailed here are "Oklahoma" or "Cut and Come Again".
The best thing about zinnias is that they are very colorful, bloom nonstop, and last for a very long time indoors when cut, so you get color inside and out. Enjoy!
by Faith Reaper 4 years ago
What are your favorite flowers that bloom in Spring?Do you have favorite flower or flowering bush that blooms in Spring? Thank you for answering.
by Brian Slater 6 years ago
What is your favorite spring plant?
by h.a.borcich 7 years ago
I collect the seeds from my zinnias in the fall so I have seeds to plant next year. Do you, and what all annuals does this work with? Mostly I have perennials Thanks
by Ultimate Hubber 7 years ago
Gardening is my current hobby and its becoming a passion. So I want to know what plants some other hubbers love?
by WheelerWife 3 years ago
What is one of your favorite spring projects?Do you have any spring rituals or projects you do to get ready for the warm months? Any craft projects you are working on to say bye bye to winter? Share!
by moonfairy 6 years ago
What's your favorite thing about Spring?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|