jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite, easy to grow indoor houseplant?

1. Kris Heeter profile image81
    Kris Heeterposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite, easy to grow indoor houseplant?

2. Silva Hayes profile image92
    Silva Hayesposted 6 years ago

The ZZ plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia) is my favorite, easy to grow indoor houseplant.  I like it so much, I wrote a hub about it.  It is hardy, shiny, and requires almost no care.  It is resistant to pests and it's easy to grow more from cuttings.  I highly recommend the ZZ plant.

3. ElizaDoole profile image86
    ElizaDooleposted 6 years ago

Hi Kris,
    I find if you keep it watered but not soaked, and on a warm windowsill away from the central heating, basil grows really well. Great for cooking too.

4. Taxusbaccata profile image84
    Taxusbaccataposted 6 years ago

Nepenthes. Not so much effort to care for it an it sure pays off.

5. Keri Summers profile image82
    Keri Summersposted 6 years ago

African Violets.  I love plants, with a passion, but cannot get the hang of them indoors.  Intuitively, I feel it is the rain who should be looking after them.  However, I  was given an African Violet as a birthday gift, and it is still alive many years later.  It is the first house plant I've ever had to have any longevity.  Many have suffered and died.  And I do love African Violets so this has to be my answer.  Must do a hub!  Good Q will be interested in others' answers.

6. m0rd0r profile image72
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

Hot peppers, leave in sunny south window and water 2 times a week.

Mint. All kinds. Grow everywhere.

Avocado (from seed), once it sprouts, it is an excellent small tree that grows on moderate light.

7. samsons1 profile image79
    samsons1posted 6 years ago

I believe the African Violet is our favorite, but the Mother-in-laws Tongue is probably the easiest to grow since you just place it and water it once every few weeks...

8. sgbrown profile image95
    sgbrownposted 6 years ago

Oneo f my favorite indoor houseplants would have to be the spider plant.  It is very easy to grow and is quite pretty.  It divides easily and is a great hanging plant. You can take them from indoors and hang them outside, in the shade, in the summer.  They are also very easy plants to share with others.

9. avorodisa profile image84
    avorodisaposted 6 years ago

My favorite idoor plant is the lucky bamboo - the symbol of good luck in Feng Shui, easy to grow and pleasant to eyes.

10. DonnaCosmato profile image97
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

I love aloe vera plants! They are easy keepers and even though my nickname is the "plant killer," I've managed to keep them alive somehow. The gel is excellent for use as a burn ointment or skin moisturizer.